I'm probably actually more organized than I feel, but my brain feels haphazard and scattered. I feel like I must be missing things. Important things. And that bothers me. I hate missing things*. I'm feeling ok about it, though, because I figure if I do miss something, I wouldn't be the first mama to do that. Plus, I've got my eye on the prize of September. I will magically feel more organized and more in control once that calendar flip occurs. *snigger*
Both of the football players are in practice this week, for a total of 5 evenings at supper time. So I've begun the annual ponderance of meals that are portable and/or can be eaten in shifts. As always, please share if you have ideas for me!
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Alice Springs chicken (Outback copycat? I've never heard of it, but it looked really good), broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
- Fend for yourself
- Meat sauce with angel hair or zoodles, green beans, garlic toast
- Club sandwiches, carrots
- Shepherd's pie, applesauce, bread & butter
- Hot dogs or brats, buns, jello, carrots, chips
- Grilled pork chops, brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and gravy
I don't know. I barely had enough brain power to come up with supper ideas, and I'm not in any way confident that I'll make all, or even most, of those.
* Never mind the fact that I haven't missed anything yet. I feel like I must be, which creates a constant low level on anxiety.