Did you also notice that I didn't post a 9 for 2019 update? Yup. I didn't. I did think about it on Thursday, and then again on Friday, and again on Saturday, but I didn't do it. I didn't do it, because, once again, I made no progress on my goals this month. I had planned to execute my final playdate with myself, walking downtown and visiting shops, on a Friday in October. The weather was gorgeous that day: sunny and around 55°F. What I had neglected to remember, though, was that the kiddos didn't have school that day. So I ended up not going. And, yeah. No progress on the FofL book, either. You're not surprised, are you?
So yeah. I'm a failure. Let's move on.
This week, I searched my freezer, fridge, and pantry for items that need to be used up, and planned my menu around those items. Know what I found? That's right: I found evaporated milk. The same evaporated milk that you've been hearing about for (what feels like) years now. Here's the kicker. I thought I had used that evaporated milk for something, and I bought more last week for a pumpkin pie! Yeah. I did (at least I actually used the evaporated milk that I bought to make the pie). I'm gonna use that can of evaporated milk as a substitute for heavy cream in the Alfredo Chicken Casserole this week. I don't want to. I mean, I really would rather have heavy cream in my casserole, because heavy cream is yummy. But desperate times call for desperate substitutions.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Leftover pulled meats from the freezer (there are two containers. I'm pretty sure one is pork and the other is chicken, but I don't know how they're seasoned. Hopefully the fam will eat 'em up), buns or tortillas, green beans
- Alfredo chicken casserole, rolls, applesauce
- Corn dogs, chicken tenders, and French toast sticks (again from the freezer. We don't have enough of any of them to make a meal, so together it is), raw veggies and fruits
- Meat sauce (leftover) with angel hair, garlic toast (from the freezer!), green beans
- Salsa verde chicken, tossed salad
- Hot dogs or brats, buns, jello, grilled veggie
- Steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus