Saturday, January 21, 2012

Odds-n-ends

I've been reading the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan (thanks, Grandma & Grandpa Sheppy), and I finally understand how AKD can zip through them so fast.  They are action-packed and compelling: very difficult to put down.  I started reading a week and a half ago, and I've finished the 5 books of that series and I'm almost done with the first book in the next series (which, by the way, AKD read in 24, that's right: twenty-four, hours.  Thanks, Grandma & Grandpa Bluefield).


I wanted to show you Roger's finished Advent calendar tree.  A couple of the things we glued on didn't want to stay on, but it was fun.  My favorite was the googly eyes glued to polka-dotted paper.

 When the Bluefields were visiting, Beaver-ly, Chip, and I went after-Christmas shopping one day, and Beaver-ly bought a beautiful wreath.  She wanted a box for it, so she grabbed some cardboard from the floral section of a grocery store we visited, to make one.  The box idea got nixed by the vehicle packers, so we got to keep some lovely long sheets of cardboard--here's what we did with it.

 MC and Sawblock went to Polar Camp early in January.  What a difference a year makes, eh?  No snow!  Still, it was terrific fun.

 Sawblock went ice fishing.

 We tried this fun no-mess marble painting technique from Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog.  The kids l-o-v-e-d it, and I found it mesmerizing, as well, so much so that I had to make my own because the kids didn't want to share.  Just be sure to use colors that will look good mixed together, because they do eventually mix.  Roger used red and green and it turned the color of mud (about which, by the way, he was thrilled).

Just for fun :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...