Sunday, March 29, 2009

Exterminator Boy

There's a new Super Hero in town and his name is Exterminator Boy. Now I don't mind bugs, really, I don't, as long as they stay outside where they belong. But I really hate it when they hang around, propagating themselves, in my house. That's where Exterminator Boy comes in: he fearlessly captures and subdues the box elder beetles that seem to be everywhere and flushes them down the toilet while exclaiming triumphantly, "b'bye bug!" (I think it's Jackie from CyberChase who says, "b'bye bad guy," so you all probably don't get the reference, since you're probably not big fans of CyberChase).

And he's so cute, too!

By the way, I have to assume that Batman has headed elsewhere, perhaps back to Colorado, since we haven't seen him around here in quite a while. I don't think Batman does bugs, anyway, though.

Here's a picture of Logan taken at his concert, "M is for Music and Movement, A is for Animals and Alphabet" on Thursday. He was a turtle (the only one, I might add--seems like there were 20 bees, in fact, Logan was surrounded by bees, but only one turtle), and briefly transformed into a tree for the squirrel song.

Can you believe Lent is almost over? Only one more week. That's right: Holy Week doesn't count, either. I've come to some realizations about how I use the internet and what it means to me. I don't think I'll share that here, though...

Oh, and I just have to say, thanks, Dad! Some of you know that my brother has become obsessed with brewing beer. And some of you also know that it's my fault for getting him started by giving him a home beer brewing kit for Christmas. So about a month ago, my Dad sent an email to my husband (since I gave up the internet for Lent), telling him that Dad had ordered kind of a strange gift for my children and that my brother would understand. Hmm. Perplexing. Turns out it was a home root beer brewing kit :-) I just laughed and laughed and laughed when we opened up that box. We are so anxious to try it out, and so surprised that, just like beer brewing, root beer brewing involves yeast. In fact, Cody and I were talking about doing "The Science of Root Beer" for his 4th grade science fair project...

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to beat you on the number of posts this month!!!

    Not that it is a competition.

    Somehow, the boys lost the root beer flavoring bottle on our kit. So, our first attempt did not turn out real well. I went out and bought some RB extract at the grocery store, so hopefully our second batch will turn out ok.

    It really was exciting to get the kit. I guess that is why the boys could not keep their hands off it and misplaced the bottle. I really wonder where it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...