I don't know. Probably because I'm an optimist.
So because I've been using up random items from the freezer, no one has been liking anything I cook lately. It's been a sobering blow to my ego-- I've had a rough couple of weeks. That's why I'm done. No more freezer cooking for me. Also, pretty much everything is gone now, so I was going to be done anyway.
There is one more cup of frozen enchilada sauce that I will use to make Hubby's tacos extra fancy the next time we have tacos, and I decided to use up one of my two bags of Friendship bread starter* this week, but everything else, all the random frozen stuff from my original list, has been used.
(Yay! This makes me happy, but not quite happy enough to counteract the sadness caused by no one wanting to eat anything I made in the past three weeks)
This week, it's all about convenience food. Because I am done cooking.
For now, anyway.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Take out
- Chicken tenders, raw veggies
- Pizza, salad
- Hamburgers, buns, mashed potatoes, grilled broccoli
- Spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread, corn
- Appetizers, including nachos. little wieners, mozzarella sticks, hamburger (not an appetizer, but what Bubby says he's having. Fine with me, as long as I don't have to cook it)
* The friendship bread will also use up a pantry item--instant chocolate pudding, which we only use in friendship bread. I'm not ready to really commit to using up the random pantry items just yet, but I did choose the flavor of FB based on the instant pudding flavors I had available.