Here's the latest update on my 18 goals for 2018. Last month, I thought that perhaps planting the garden would be my only accomplishment this month, but I was wrong.
- In May, I finally finished the valances for our bedroom. Yay! This was definitely a case of me thinking it was going to be more time consuming than it actually was. I'm glad I put this on the list, because who knows how long it would have taken me to get around to it otherwise?
- For the fourth year in a row, we left home right after school let out. Every year I tell Hubby I don't want to do that, and every year we end up doing it anyway. While we were gone, I managed to crochet a messy bun hat. That's "messy" modifying the hat and the bun. I used this pattern, but my hook was smaller, and instead of closing the magic ring, I crocheted it to an elastic hair band. Every time I crochet something, I marvel at how easy it is, and then I don't do it for a while and I forget and start to think it's difficult. Silly me.
|Back-of-head selfies are rather difficult to accomplish :)|
- I also managed to send friend mail to 4 more people in May. I am totally excelling at that goal. I think perhaps next year, my 19 for 2019 will consist entirely of sending friend mail to 19 people.
- I picked a photographer for the boys via Groupon. Now I just need to figure out when we can go and schedule the session.
- As of right now, I haven't planted my garden. I didn't want to plant before we left town (and good thing, too, because it was shockingly hot here while we were gone), and I wasn't able to get it in the ground today (Wednesday). There's still one more day in May, though...
So I have 8 more goals to accomplish, three of which are partially completed. Not bad--by the numbers, I'm definitely ahead. By level of difficulty, maybe not so much. I'm not sure what I'll work on in June (besides the garden). I do know that I need to finish goal 17 by August 23. I think everything else can wait, but I may surprise myself.
How are you doing on your 2018 goals?
Here's my list:
18 for 2018
Make oyster shell and grit dispensers for the chickens
- ** Plant a garden--with tomatoes and jalapenos
Can jalapenos--they don't necessarily have to be the ones I grow Have everyone in the household take the love languages quiz--we could do this on Valentine's Day, but since it's also Ash Wednesday this year, I don't think that's gonna happen...
- Go on a date with each of my boys (
AKD, MC, Bubby)
Send friend mail 8 6 4 times(if you'd like to receive friend mail from me, use the contact link above to give me your address) Obtain and begin using ato-do notebook--this has already been so useful! I have a running to-do list now, instead of having to start fresh every day. It's a lot more difficult to misplace than a random piece of paper.
- ** Purge file cabinet and create paper organization system--Ugh! We have so.much.paper. Half of me wants to get rid of it all. The other half is afraid I'll shred something we'll need later.
- ** Create a household binder/legacy box--I think my boys would be lost if something happened to me.
Delete saved electronic mystery shop screen shots and receipts--yep, I've got every screen shot and almost every receipt from every mystery shop I've done in the past four years. It's a lot.
Buy desk task light--I've already tried once this year, but I didn't like it, so I need to try again. Buy phone charging cords for each of our vehicles--I told Hubby I was going to do this, and he was like, but we have charging cords in all the vehicles, don't we? Well, yes, we do...for his phone, but not for AKD's and mine.
- Make a chicken sign--It's going to have the silhouette of a chicken, and say something along the lines of, "Danger: Dinosaur Area."
- Take a class through community education or a local craft store--I used to do this fairly often, but somewhere along the line, I stopped.
Finish valances for master bedroom.I've only had the material for...3 years? 4? A long time. Crochet messy bun hat or Arm knit scarf
- ** Get the boys' picture taken--the place I used to take them to closed, so I need to find a new photographer.
- Send Christmas cards in 2018