Bluefield Sausage Stuffing
(click here to print)
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces (we like to let it stale a bit so it can soak up all those yummy juices, so we tear it the night before and let it sit overnight)
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 t. poultry seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. pork breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled, and cooled
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. milk
- Mix together first seven ingredients.
- Combine butter and milk, and heat until butter is melted and the milk is warm (we use the microwave, but you could do this on the stove)
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the bread mixture and mix until combined.
- Stuff mixture into your turkey and cook turkey according to instructions.
- Extra stuffing that doesn't fit in the bird can be placed in a covered casserole dish in a 325-350° oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Powered by Recipage