Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shoes

Hey, everyone, just a friendly reminder: vote today. It is your right; it is your privilege; it is your responsibility. And, if you don't vote in today's election, you aren't allowed to complain about any of the people who are elected today :-P
. . . . . . . . . . .
Whew, I was sweating today on my walk. I must admit, though, I believe it had more to do with the temperature outside than with my exertion today.
. . . . . . . . . . .
So yesterday Caleb walked all the way to the bus stop to welcome his brothers home. This led me to think, and Cody to say, "we need to get that kid some shoes." So this morning, off I went to our basement storage area, which is the first place I go when we need some new clothing item for any of our kids, to look through the available shoes. As I had suspected, Caleb's feet are too big to fit in our size 4 shoes (which means that he has big feet like his mama, poor kid). I found a pair of size 5s, which did fit, but Caleb didn't quite know what to make of them. He definitely couldn't walk in them, so he ended up staring at them for a while, as if to ask, "how did those get there?" I took pity on him and took them off, allowing him to head to the bus stop in his slippers again. Eventually he's going to have to learn to walk in shoes, but it doesn't have to be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...