Anyway, you don't care about that (well, maybe you do. If you care about that, let me know in the comments). You came for the recipe. And what a recipe it is.
Imagine a sweet, light, slightly cinnamon-flavored cake, swirled with cinnamon and brown sugar, and topped with a delicious vanilla glaze. Oh, and did I mention you can bake and eat one now and freeze one to bake later? Run, do not walk, to the kitchen to whip up this delectable treat. Right now.
Well, you can read the recipe first.
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
4 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. milk
2 t. vanilla
4 T. butter, melted
1/2 c. (1 stick) softened butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon
2/3 c. walnuts (optional)
Glaze for one 8x8" cake (double for 9x13" cake):
1 c. powdered sugar
2 T. milk
1/2 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8x8" baking pans or one 9x13" pan.
- Stir together cake ingredients except melted butter. When ingredients are combined, stir in melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans, sprinkle 1 1/2 t of brown sugar over each, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together topping ingredients until well combined.
- Drop tablespoons of topping evenly over cake batter and use a knife to swirl through the cake, making a marble design.
At this point, you can bake both cakes and eat one, freezing the other to be reheated later, or bake one cake to eat now, and cover and freeze the other cake to be baked later.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Combine glaze ingredients, adding enough milk to make it pourable.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Now go! Bake like the wind!