Monday, June 1, 2015

The last gasp

Y'all, I'm making chocolate ice cream right now.

Because some space opened up in the freezer.  So I immediately had to fill it.  I really do have a problem.

And also, a couple of weeks ago I made chocolate frozen yogurt.  And then I remembered that I don't really like frozen yogurt, (although it was yummy, as far as froyo goes).  Whoops!  Silly me.  So of course, now I have to make chocolate ice cream.  Next, I'll be making this.  Because y'all know how I feel about peanut butter and chocolate in close proximity to each other.  Peanut butter and chocolate in the form of cold, creamy ice cream?  Heaven.

I don't have an ice cream maker, so in the past I've shied away from making ice cream, but it really is easy to make without one.  Just follow your recipe up until the step where you put it into the ice cream maker.  Instead, put it in the freezer.  Pull it out every now and then and give it a good stir to discourage the formation of large ice crystals.  When it reaches the consistency of soft serve ice cream, transfer it to a storage container.  Done.  Takes a little longer, but tastes just as good.

So yeah. one step forward, two steps back on this not-having-room-for-any-more-food thing.

It's the last week of school, and I am limping toward the finish line.  And/or being pulled along at break-neck speed.  It's the last gasp, and I really can't think beyond Friday right now.  But you know, since I know all one of you depends on my weekly menu plans to help feed your family, here's what I've got for ya.

Supper:

  • Fend for yourself
  • Chicken bundles (from the freezer)
  • Rice burgler (ground beef mixed with brown rice and mixed veggies)
  • Spaghetti/zucchini noodles with meat sauce
  • Pizza


Snacks/Other:



P.S. I am definitely not posting a menu plan for next week, and I doubt I'll get to it much this summer.  If all one of you who depends on my weekly menu plans gets desperate, feel free to check out all of my past menu plan posts--should be enough inspiration to last ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...