Monday, April 23, 2018

Menu plan for the week of April 23

What a difference a week makes.  Last week at this time, we had about 12 inches of new snow on the ground.  Today (Sunday), it's 62°F and sunny (and I bet I could still find spots with 12 inches of snow, but there's a lot more bare ground than snow now).  I spent some time sitting in the sun with no coat, and I actually felt hot enough to seek out some shade.  As much as I love snow, spring makes me so happy.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:
  • Rice burgler, applesauce
  • Nachos with guacamole (of course)
  • Chicken tenders, cuties, carrots (it'll be quite an orange meal)
  • Tacos (using leftover shredded beef), taco toppings
  • Hamburgers, buns, chips, green beans
  • Steak, mashed potatoes, grilled veggie
  • Sunday night stew, mashed potatoes
  • Shepherd's pie (make extra to freeze), rolls, applesauce

Other:
  • Egg roll in a bowl (I didn't get around to making this last week)
  • Yogurt (the chickens love it!)
  • Muffins, maybe banana?  I still have a few bananas in the freezer that were leftover from last summer's Boy Scout camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...