Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Menu plan for the week of July 5

 Remember when I told you that I write my grocery list in the order in which I will encounter the items in the store?  And that occasionally, I will go to a grocery store that is not my regular store, but is part of the same chain as my regular grocery store?  And that even though it's the same brand as my regular store, it'll be laid out slightly differently?

Well.

My regular grocery store is closed for remodeling.  Which means, of course, that I have to go to other grocery stores.  There are four more of this grocery chain within easy driving distance, so I've been kind of alternating.  And I discovered something.

Not only are each of them laid out slightly differently, but half of them are on a different sales cycle than the other half!  What?

A couple of weeks ago, I made my list, based on the sales flyer, and I was a bit confused that some of the items that were supposed to be on sale were, in fact, on sale, but others weren't.  And then I got the next week's sales flyer, and I understood.  Those two stores are half a week ahead of the other two stores, and I receive the sales flyers dated for the stores that are half a week behind (and the items that were supposed to be on sale and were, in fact, on sale, were supposed to be on sale the next week*).

I mentioned they were all in easy driving distance, right?  Which means they're all pretty close to each other, geographically speaking.  I won't say it blew my mind that this would be the case, but ... I was surprised at my discovery.  And now that I know, I can use it to my advantage.  For instance, I can buy avocados on sale this week, and then buy them again on sale next week, in a different store.

My regular grocery store will reopen sometime in August, and then I will have to learn its new layout.  But until then, we will continue to eat food.  Here's what's on the menu this week:


Supper:

Other:


* I feel like my parenthetical clarification did not do anything to clarify the situation, but I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...