Friday, December 31, 2021

21 for 2021 goal wrap-up, part 1

 I promised a 21 for 2021 goal wrap-up post, and I'm generally a person who keeps promises, so here I am with a wrap-up.  I've decided to wrap in three parts because I just don't think I'll be able to hold your attention for a whole 21 goals.  I mean, that would be a lot of words.  And 21 just lends itself so nicely to three parts of seven.  

So here we go.  The format will be original goal, followed by my commentary and whether or not, and how, the goal was accomplished and/or what I thought and/or think about it.

  • Set up a spreadsheet to keep track of mystery shopping assignments, payment, and reimbursement.  There's one particular mystery shopping company that I really need to keep a close eye on payments for, and the system I've used in the past--hatch marks on an envelope--revealed itself to be insufficient last year, so I really need a new system. 
I did this!  I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to format the spreadsheet so that it would automatically keep track of assignments and payment amounts in total and by mystery shopping company.  I liked this system so much that I've copied it to use again next year.
  • Set up an electronic list of future projects--these can include Cricut projects, building projects, or really any ideas for future projects that I may want to accomplish at some point in the future, but that have no urgency or due date.  I do have a running list in my to-do notebook, but an electronic list would be easier to organize, which would make it easier to keep track of what's on the list.
I did set up an electronic list of future projects, but I simply added all of the projects that were on my written list and then never looked at it again.  As much as I would like to be, I am not a person who does well with electronic lists.
  • Complete 10 of the projects from my electronic project list (it's acceptable to add something to the list just to cross it off).
So, I just looked at the list (see above goal), and I didn't do anything--not one thing--from the electronic list.  Which is an accomplishment in itself, yes?
  • Declutter and reorganize Pinterest boards.  At the beginning of the year, I had over 1600 pins in 90 boards.  It's too much.  I'm hoping to get down to 21 reorganized boards.  Twenty-one, because it's 2021, not because I've done careful consideration and planning and decided that 21 is the number of boards I need.  
I consider this goal complete: I did reduce my number of pins and pinboards.  Unfortunately, this kind of thing actually needs to happen regularly, so even though I completed the goal, I have not (and will never) complete the task.
  • Declutter electronic mystery shopping receipts, photos, and screen shots.  Again.  
Yup.  Did it.  Need to do it again, and annually.
  • Unsubscribe from 21 email lists in the first 21 days of 2021
Absolutely.  In fact, I unsubscribed from 40 email lists before I stopped keeping count.  This is, once again, is a never-ending task.  *Sigh*
I accomplished this one, too!  In fact, I achieved Megastar (which is better than Superstar) on all of the extreme versions except one.  It's been a while since I've danced--I need to get back to it.

So that's the first seven.  Not bad, eh?  Well, especially not-bad for a person who decided almost immediately upon stating her goals that she didn't actually want to do any of those things.

I'll be back tomorrow with the next seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...