Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Running Errands

I am finding it difficult to find a good time to run errands these days. No matter what time I decide to go, I'm going to be running into a nap and/or meal time, which I don't want to do...meals, because they're messy, and naps because inferior naps are not a good thing. I've decided that for now it's best to go right after the bus comes in the morning. That way I'm only messing up the morning nap, but that's OK, I think. The trouble with that is it cuts into my blog time (oh no).

It has been 5 years since I haven't had to be anywhere at a set time on a regular basis. Five years ago Cody started preschool, and we had to be in Martinsburg at 8:45 a.m. every Friday. The appointments have changed through the years, but I have had to go into a town on a set schedule of one sort or another for 5 years. In those circumstances, you just go, because you have to. And if it messes up the schedule, so be it. Now I have a choice. The only place I have to be is home at 8:20 a.m. and 4:10 p.m., and I am responsible for choosing which part of the schedule to mess up.

Friends of ours from college also have three children, and my girlfriend refers to her youngest as her "car baby" because he's growing up in the car as she ferries the older two to all of their activities. I can definitely see that in our future...poor Caleb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...