Friday, October 14, 2011

You may have heard that we had a bit of excitement here yesterday afternoon, when Bubby racked up his first ER visit (if you're keeping score, AKD's been to the ER twice, plus had a broken thumb that was treated at the clinic and MC has had zero ER visits).  Bubby managed to hit his head hard enough on the wooden part of our rocker/glider to open up a pretty deep gash above his left eye, and I knew it would require stitches. 

He was a superstar in the ER, lying still like a pro while the nurse put the numbing gel in, and then while the doctor and PA were putting in the four stitches.  He's doing great today--he says it doesn't hurt at all.  He's a little worried about pulling clothes on and off over his head, and he thinks it's a bad idea to take the band-aid off to clean and re-dress the wound, but other than that he's fine.  He needs to go have the stitches taken out in 5 or 6 days.

I just wanted to say a little something about divine provision.  While I fervently wish that this whole episode had never occurred, since it did happen, the timing couldn't have been much better.  You see, I was caring for 3 little ones yesterday, my Bubby, plus the little girl I babysit twice a week, Pal, plus the little girl I babysit every other week, Car.  Usually Car leaves around 2 p.m., but yesterday her mom had a doctors appointment and Car ended up staying a little later than usual.  When Bubby hit his head a little before 3 p.m., and I realized that he was going to need medical attention, I had no idea what I was going to with the girls.  Turns out Car's mom was just a few minutes out, on her way to get Car, so J ended up taking both girls for me.

If Bubby had hit his head earlier in the day, J would not have been able to take Pal, and might not have been able to get back to pick up Car, either, because of her appointment.  If Bubby had hit his head later, Car would have been gone already, and I would have had to 1. take Pal with us or 2. drop her off at her Aunt's house (and I wasn't sure Aunt G was even home) or 3. waited until Pal's mom came to pick her up.

God knew that I was going to need some help, and what can I say?  God provides.  Amen.  Thanks for being there, J.

I know I should probably take a picture of Bubby's stitches for posterity's sake, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it just yet.  The wound is still too fresh and ugly on my sweet baby's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...