Thursday, May 5, 2011

Farm Animals

In preparation for our trip to a working farm in a few weeks, we've been creating our own farm animals from handprints!  Enjoy!



The cow and ducks are from Handprint and Footprint Art.  So, so cute, doncha think?  The sheep is from a craft book.  There are so many great ideas on Handprint and Footprint Art--I think it would be neat to make one footprint or handprint animal with your child every month, or every quarter, and put them in a scrapbook, along with a picture of the child at that age.  Wouldn't that be a nifty keepsake? 

We may, in keeping with the theme, be making footprint pigs or handprint chickens next week.  We'll see.  Code-man asked me why we didn't do a paint handprint for the sheep.  Leave it to him to notice :)

And, speaking of handprints, just in case you were wondering, here's what the Camp Scarlet kids were working on for their mamas (sure hope none of the mamas read this before they open their presents--that might ruin the surprise). 
The kids used 3-4 different similar colors to swirl a background onto an 8 x 10 inch canvas board.  They turned out really well--it looks even better in person.  After the background dried, the kids painted their handprints in a contrasting color.  Then I added a ribbon hanger (thanks for drilling the holes, Hubby), their name and the year, along with this poem on the back:
You always
clean the fingerprints
I leave upon the wall.
I seem to make a mess of things
because I am so small.

The years will pass so quickly
I'll soon be grown like you
and all my little fingerprints
will surely fade from view.

So here's a special handprint
a memory that's true,
so you'll recall the very day
I made this just for you!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...