Tuesday, April 14, 2015

How to wake up to a clean kitchen

I'd like to be able to tell you that I'm blogging today via our newly installed fiber optic internet connection, but I can't.  Because I'm not.  The guy's here, so that's at least something, but I'm telling you, there have got to be more hoops.

For months, we have been waiting for this day, hoping and pining.  It's a little like the if onlys.  If only we had more income.  If only we had a bigger house (and a maid to clean the bigger house).  If only we had a newer vehicle.  If only Hubby didn't travel so much.  If only there was more time in a day.  If only I wasn't so darn tired all the time.  If only we had family nearby.  If only we had high speed unlimited internet.  Then, we would be happy.

The truth is, if we're not happy before any of those things, we won't be happy after.  With each passing day, week, month, our hopes for the internet have grown, until it's taken on almost mythic status.  The internet will save us!  If only.

I am afraid, my friends, that the internet won't be the be-all end-all that some of us around here are expecting it to be.  Sure, we'll be able to download music, games, and programs at home instead of waiting until the next trip to the library.  Sure, we'll be able to facetime with Daddy when he's out of town.  Sure we'll be able to watch YouTube videos at home.  But.  Always but.  Those things won't make us happy.

Speaking of but, that's not really what I wanted to talk about today.  I got an email this morning from Carisa of 1+1+1=1 inviting me to take part in a FREE 4-part mini-ecourse titled 4 Simple Steps to Stress-Free Homemaking.

I want to believe.  I really do.  Stress-Free homemaking?  Yes, please.  Sign me up.

(You can sign up, too.  Just click this link.  Did I mention it's free?  So why not?)

Here's what Carisa said about the course:


In this eCourse, you will learn:

▪ how to never get behind on laundry again, 
▪ how to wake up each day to a sparkling clean kitchen
▪ how to avoid the 5 ‘o’clock scramble with a super simple meal planning method, and 
▪ how to set yourself up for success with a quick nighttime routine

OK, here's the deal.  I signed up for the course, because it's free, and because I want to know what they're going to say.  But I already know how to never get behind on laundry.  I know how to wake up each day to a clean kitchen.  I know how to plan meals, and I know how to set myself up for success with a quick nighttime routine.

Here, I'll let you in on my homemaking secrets.  To never get behind on laundry, keep up with it.  To avoid the 5 o'clock scramble, plan ahead.  To set yourself up for success with a quick nighttime routine, follow your nighttime routine and set up the stuff you need for the following day.

Here's the big one.  The one you've been waiting for all your life.  The one that made you find this post and click on it.

How to wake up to a sparkling clean kitchen every day (in two easy steps):
Step 1: Clean the kitchen before you go to bed.  Every day.
Step 2: Wake up before everyone else so they don't have time to mess it up.

I know.  It's revolutionary, isn't it?  And it really works.  Try it.

Yup, I know it all.  I could make an eCourse.  What I don't know, however, is how to stay motivated in doing these things consistently, every day.  Because no matter how many times I do laundry, clean the kitchen, plan meals, or get ready for tomorrow today, I'm going to have to do it again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  Forever.  And that, my friends, is what I'm hoping will be the magic ingredient in this eCourse.  Because if only my house was consistently clean, then...

The first session's on laundry, by the way.  I haven't watched the video, because, hello, no watching videos at home--it takes too much data--but I have seen the worksheet.  And the secret to stress-free laundry is ... well, sign up and see :)

*****

Disclaimer: that is a referral link up there.  If a certain number of you sign up for this eCourse (available for free through April 23) through that link, I will get a discount on some other thing.  If even more of you sign up, I'll get something for free.  If a humungous number of you sign up through that link, I'll get something even more fabulous for free.  But I really don't care.  So sign up if you want, or don't if you don't want.  Could be fun.  Could even change your life.  Or not.  Did I mention that it's free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...