Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Today I am thankful

Psalm 107:1
{Source}
I've been doing this thing lately.  Each day I've been posting on Facebook something for which I am thankful--sometimes more than one something.  It's part gratitude journal, part my desire to put some positiveness out into the world, part reminder to myself to be on the lookout for reasons to be grateful.  These thankful things have been simple and profound, routine and novel, things we take for granted and things unexpected.

Yesterday, I didn't post.  I couldn't post.

Yesterday, I struggled.

I am thankful.  Of course I am.  I have so much more than I need; I am blessed beyond measure.

But I am also weary.  So tired.  Worn away by the grit of disappointment and the grind of the every day.  I feel empty, poured out.  It doesn't feel like I can give or do anything more.

And yet.  God is good.  Always.

So today, I am thankful.  Just thankful.  Because I can be nothing else.

Psalm 90:14
{Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...