Monday, July 20, 2015

Menu plan for the week of July 20

Hey, y'all.  Did you miss me last week?  No?  Well that's ok.  Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

Well, despite the fact that summer break is half over, our swimming pool is finally open, and it's been hot and humid, I still feel as if our summer hasn't really begun.  Crazy.  And busy.  That's how the past couple of months have been.  Most of it has been planned, and almost all of it has been good, but I'm longing for a little bit of down time.  Looking at our calendar for the next couple of months, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.  And that's ok.  It's just the season I'm in right now.  Busy, instead of summer.

I've spent pretty much all of my time since school let out either packing, traveling, unpacking, or preparing to travel again, and non-stop busy-ness is just not something I enjoy, so I've been feeling a little stressed, out of sorts, cranky.  And, truth be told, I've also been feeling a little disappointed.  This isn't quite how I expected my summer to be, and that grieves me.

I've been feeling this way, and early last week, just back from another trip, still in the midst of unpacking and laundry and catch-up, I came across this:
{Source}
I love Lysa TerKeurst, don't you?  Here's what she said about this image: "though life doesn’t always fit nicely into a neat little schedule, all the things I have to do are evidence of blessings.  If I’d just look at life a little more from this perspective, everything would seem so much sweeter."

All the things I have to do are evidence of blessings.  So true.  So easy to forget.

One of the things I have to do is feed my family.  Here's what's on the menu this week:

Chicken Chili Verde
{Source}
Supper:
--Tacos with guacamole
--Chicken chili verde, taco fixings
--Beef stroganoff over noodles, green beans
--Spaghetti or zucchini noodles with meat sauce, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--Pizza, salad
--Hot dogs, buns, carrots, watermelon
--Taco bean soup, salad

Next Monday supper:
--Taco pasta bake, green beans

Other:

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins - gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, Paleo-friendly, under 100 calories each. Recipe at averiecooks.com
{Source}
What are you cooking this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...