Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wisdom from old me

I came across this post today.  My menu from a year ago.  It caught my eye, number one, because it had snowed, and we're staring down a snowy forecast for tonight into tomorrow, and number two, because I was planning to have chicken taco casserole this week last year, too.  In individual ramekins, which is a fantastic idea.

It's ok, and not conceited, for me to say that my own idea is a fantastic idea because I'm not really that person anymore.  So much has changed in this year, in me, in my family, in my home, in my community, in my nation, in my world.  So that idea that old me had, a year ago?  Fantastic.   I think I'll do that this year, too.

But here's what really caught my eye in that year-ago post:
...it's never a waste of time to do something you love, something that fills you up and gives you a smidgen of joy.
Old me was talking about shoveling, which, you know, most people wouldn't associate with anything even approaching joy, but old me was really on to something.

So here's new me's challenge for you today: do what brings you joy, even if the world thinks you're foolish for doing it.

What brings you joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...