Monday, April 18, 2016

Menu plan for the week of April 18

My friend gave me her bread machine, and I got a chance to test it out last week.  Truthfully, I was a bit disappointed by the loaf it baked.  It was super fun to listen and watch as the machine did its thing, but the loaf sunk in the middle and the crust was pretty thick.  Then, of course, there's the whole hole in the bottom where the blade was issue.  I also used the dough cycle to mix, knead, and rise my pizza dough the other day, and that bread machine did a phenomenal job.  That dough was so smooth, and elastic, and window pane-y.  I am so pleased, and excited by the bread-making possibilities.  Now I just need to figure out how I can do two loaves at once.  This week I'm planning on having it knead some whole wheat dough for me to make into cinnamon swirl bread.  Nummy!

Today is day 10 of my latest friendship bread cycle, and I'm sending my yeasty friends off to the freezer for another extended stay.  Before I do, as a last hurrah before hibernation, I'll be making Pistachio Pineapple Coconut Friendship Bread Cake  and Chocolate Chocolate Coconut Friendship Bread Muffins.  Not because I'm particularly fond of coconut, but because these recipes both sound special and delicious--I'm hoping the chocolate coconut will taste a little something like Mounds.  I'm planning on pawning off most of them to unsuspecting teachers and Hubby-coworkers.

Here's what else is on the menu this week:

Supper:

  • Kielbasa cauliflower stir fry, applesauce, carrots
  • Tacos, tortillas, taco toppings
  • Chicken pot pie, mixed veggies, salad
  • Rice burgler, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, salad
  • Pizza or zucchini crust pizza, salad, fresh fruit
  • Hot beef sandwiches, buns, cooked carrots, salad
  • Grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, grilled green veggie, applesauce

kielbasa cauliflower stir fry 1
Kielbasa and cauliflower stir fry
from Center Cut Cook
Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...