As a result of our houseguest, supper on Monday and Tuesday will be low-key. I've been informed that our guest likes to be fussy and wants to be held constantly starting around 5 p.m., so the boys have a choice: hold the baby, or get their own supper. I'm interested to see what they choose.
I'm also taking a page from my sis' playbook this week because I picked up my Zaycon bacon over the weekend. It comes frozen and vacuum sealed in 3 lb packages, so when my sis plans bacon meals, she plans three in a row to use up a whole package. Of course, if the boys decide not to hold the baby, I'm not sure where that will leave us as far as bacon usage goes...
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- (whole wheat) Pancakes, eggs, bacon skewers (minus maple syrup for me), and fresh pineapple or orange slices OR fend for yourself
- B.L.T.s (B.L.T. lettuce wraps for me) and raw carrots OR fend for yourself
- Turkey ranch club wrap (lettuce wrap for me), fresh fruit
- Hamburgers with or without (whole wheat) buns, cowboy candy, grilled broccoli
- Pizza (chicken crust pizza for me), salad
- Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus or roasted brussels sprouts, applesauce
- Hot dogs or brats with or without buns, cowboy candy, carrots, chips, jello
- Kielbasa and cauliflower stir fry, steamed broccoli
- Pressure canned pinto beans (I already have the canner out because of the turkey stock, so why not?)
- Taco bean soup
- AKD's seven layer bars (we're going to use the caramel layer from this recipe, substituting heavy cream for the evaporated milk, because we have neither rolos nor evaporated milk right now)