Whatever. I've never really understood the compulsion some people have to obliterate all traces of Christmas as soon after the event as possible. I mean, if anything, the decorations should be up longer after Christmas than before to remind us that God-with-us is indeed with us. I guess there is something to be said, however, about January 1 being a new start--the calendar flip of all calendar flips--and people want the new start to be free of Christmas decor.
In any case, our Christmas tree remains decorated and standing proud, while our family goes about our regular business. And while we go about our regular business, we will eat.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower
- 15 minute Quinoa Korean beef, carrots, salad
- Mini turkey pot pie, mandarin oranges
- Crock pot shepherd's pie, rolls, applesauce
- Calzone, salad
- Sunday night stew, mashed potatoes
- Oven baked chimichangas, green beans, salad