Here ya go:
Wild Rice Casserole
(click here to print)
- 3 c. boiling water, divided
- 1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice (there are copycat recipes around if you don't want to use a box)
- 1 lb ground beef (substitute 2-3 c. cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces if desired)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or use Cream of _________ Soup Substitute
- Place Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice in a 2 quart baking dish, setting the seasoning packet aside. Pour 2 cups boiling water over the rice, and let sit for about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in the remaining 1 c. of boiling water.
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain, and add seasoning packet to ground beef mixture.
- Mix together dissolved bouillon cubes, drained rice, ground beef mixture, and soup in the casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for about 30 minutes, or until rice is done and casserole is heated through.
Powered by Recipage