Bread Machine Raised Doughnuts
(Click here to print)
Ingredients (Makes about 12)
- 2 T + 2 t water
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk, scalded and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 T + 2 t shortening
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 t dry yeast
- canola oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- chocolate (optional)
- Prepared frostings
- Cinnamon-sugar (my family's favorite)
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkles, decors, small candies
- Add ingredients to the bread maker in the order suggested by the manufacturer (for mine, it's liquids first, then dry ingredients, with yeast on the top).
- Set bread maker to the dough cycle, and start.
- When the break maker dough cycle is finished, punch down dough, and pat or roll 1/2" thick.
- Cut into doughnut shapes. Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- In a deep pan, heat oil to 350°F. Carefully place the donuts in the oil. Cook until they're golden brown, about a minute each side.
- Drain on paper towels or paper bag.
- Top as desired.
Mix water into powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Add melted chocolate to make chocolate glaze.
Powered by Recipage