Thursday, July 25, 2019

This week's Cricut brag post

I gotta tell you, friends.  When I pushed "publish" on last week's brag post, I didn't think there was going to be a brag post this week.  I knew I was going to be super busy in the week in between and didn't think I'd get around to making anything in the meantime.

I was wrong.

I made this mug, and I'm so happy with how it turned out.
This is black EV51 on a dollar tree mug. You might remember from this post that it was supposed to say
ALL I NEED IS
a little bit of
COFFEE
and
A WHOLE LOT OF 
JESUS,
but the little letters were too little and it didn't cut or weed right.  But this works, too.  AKD saw it and said, "not for you, I'm guessing?"  No, not for me, because mine would say chocolate instead of coffee.  Incidentally, the reverse canvas with this saying is still in the works.  I attempted, but failed, to obtain a canvas on Friday, or you'd probably be seeing it now.

On Saturday, I made this sign.  My friend chose the design on the left, but that's OK.  It looks good, too.  I like how you can see the grain of the wood through the black paint.
AKD saw this one and said, "also not for you, I'm guessing?"  He is correct.  It's perfect for my friend, though.  This is white Oracal 651 on a pine board, painted with black Apple Barrel acrylic paint ('cause I'm not cool enough to use chalk paint).

Also on Saturday, I made this sign.

When AKD saw this one, he said, "ah.  This one could be for you."  But it's not.  It's for a friend, or actually, more accurately, a friend of a friend.

I went with possibly-older-than-our-marriage walnut stain on a pine board.  I used Oramask 813 for the stencil and white Apple Barrel acrylic paint.  And by the way, I think the possibly-older-than-our-marriage walnut stain is gone, or at least what's left is too gummy to be useful, so I'll have to get some definitely-younger-than-our-marriage walnut stain for future projects.  It makes me kind of sad.

It seems like a strange thing, that I would make this time consuming project for someone I hardly know, and very rarely see, but what can I say?  I felt compelled.  And I'm glad I got it done so I will be able to hand-deliver it.   I know she'll love it.

So that's all for this week.  Maybe I'll get that canvas done in the next week.  See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...