Thursday, July 11, 2019

What should I do first?

You guys!  My Cricut has arrived!  Ahhh!  I am so excited!

But here's the thing.  I don't know what to do first.  I have lots of projects that I want to work on, and that I have been working on, at least in the design phase, and I don't know which one should be the inaugural project on my new machine.  So I thought I'd ask you all for your opinion.  What do you think?

Here are some options, but feel free to give me other ideas to further complicate my choice :)

1.  Redoing this chicken sign.
I made a new sign out of pallet wood and it's sanded and ready to go.  I think I'm going to do vinyl instead of a stencil, but I'm not sure what finish to give the background.  Do I stain it dark and do the words in white and turquoise vinyl?  Or do I stain it dark, whitewash it, and do the words in gray and turquoise?  By the way, you can answer the finish question separately from the what project should I do first question.

2.  This chicken mandala.
This is seriously gorgeous.  And would take a seriously long time to weed (picking out all the little pieces of vinyl that I don't want to transfer to the finished project).  I love this, and I'm leaning toward this being my first project.  Except I don't know what to put it on.  Originally, when I designed it, I was thinking I'd put it on wood and hang it in the coop somewhere (by the way, I'm kind of running out of places to put wooden signs in the coop.  I guess we just need more chickens and a bigger coop. Or something like that).  But it would also look really nice on a tote bag or t-shirt, I think.

3. Putting one of these chicken mamas on my water bottle.
Or something else on my water bottle (any suggestions?).  The graphics wore off, and it's looking a little plain.

4. This wooden sign.
It'll be stenciled on stained wood.

5. This.
Source
I have two friends that I want to give this to, one as a reverse canvas (a reverse canvas is when you take apart a canvas and use the frame as a visible frame, reattaching the canvas in the rear) to celebrate her kitchen remodel, and another either on a mug or on a t-shirt.

6. This.
Source
I'm not sure where I would put it or to whom I would give it, but I need to put this saying on something.

7. A football mom t-shirt.
Source
Football season is coming up, you know.

8. Some other idea.

Let me know what you think! 

Also, you might not see me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...