Friday, June 26, 2020

I'm done! 20 for 2020 update

Well hello there, friends.  Guess what?  Yup.  You read that right: I finished my 20 goals for 2020.  Now I can sit around doing nothing for the rest of the year.  

Kidding!  Mostly kidding.  

Here are the two goals I completed in June, bringing my total to 20 for the year:
  1. Remove a popcorn ceiling.  Well, I did it.  It wasn't necessarily difficult...  OK, it actually was difficult.  Most of the removal went well and was easy, but there were lingering bits, and I found it impossible to actually get the ceiling smooth enough to paint.  Let's just say, I understand now why popcorn ceilings are so popular with builders--they cover up all imperfections, meaning the builder doesn't have to put much effort into finishing the ceilings.  I gave it a valiant effort.  There was so much sanding, and so much dust.  I couldn't see, and I was sweating in my dust mask.  But I did it.  And I am never going to do that again.
  2. Make and install towel hooks/shelf in the bathroom.  Oops.  I guess this goal is not fully complete, because the hooks have yet to be installed (pending painting of the bathroom), but I did make the shelf/towel hooks.  Finally.  I think this goal was on my to-be-completed list every month this year.  I was so intimidated for some reason.  Or maybe I wasn't really sure what I wanted.  Or possibly (probably) both.  It seems fitting that this would be the last goal completed for the year.

Here is the list of previously completed 2020 goals:
  1. Make sauerkraut
  2. Grow an amaryllis
  3. Drink tea.
  4. Make cloth napkins for more seasons.
  5. Track something.
  6. Buy a statement necklace.
  7. Make a box to sit on our toilet tank.  
  8. Make a particular wooden sign for a friend.
  9. Make mayonnaise.
  10. Make maple syrup.  
  11. Watch the Star Wars movies in timeline order.  
  12. Start seeds indoors
  13. Finish or decide to abandon that darn puzzle.  
  14. Make a cast iron skillet handle cover.  
  15. Plant something new
  16. Wash outside windows.  
  17. Log 50 activities on Strava.  

So.  Now what?  Well, I have a handy list of potential goals to choose from for next year and/or a handy list of projects to do if I feel like doing a project.  Conveniently, there are 21 of them, but I suspect some of the rest of these will still be completed this year.

Here is the handy list of remaining possible activities:
  1. Crochet a cowl
  2. Crochet a poncho
  3. Make reusable food wrap
  4. Make a pretty apron (I would have to find a pattern I like first.  Also, a sewing machine)
  5. Make lip balm
  6. Make soap
  7. Make a console table/thing to keep the step stool from dinging our wall.
  8. Make a frame for the B
  9. String art
  10. Install pallet wall
  11. Install gallery wall (we had a gallery wall, but there was just something off about it.  I was never happy with it.  Too symmetrical, maybe.  Or the frames were too close together.  Or maybe too big or too small in scale for the wall.  So I'm afraid to try again, lest I not like it again.  I think a gallery would look better on the wall we're intending to palletisize (absolutely a word), but I don't know if I will want to cover up so much of that wall).
  12. Light an outdoor tree (there is a sledding hill between our house and the tree I want to light, so I'm not sure it'll work.  Either there will be an extension cord that we will have to avoid while sledding, or the lights will have to be solar or battery powered, which, of course, would drive up the cost of this project).
  13. Go to a movie by myself (not sure what's coming in 2020, but there's bound to be at least one movie that I want to see, but no one else in my family wants to see).
  14. Hang the W (MC made a beautiful wooden W sign that needs hanging).
  15. Repair moose pillows
  16. Can apple pie filling
  17. Grow and can pickles
  18. Obtain a working sewing machine
  19. Make and install towel hooks/shelf in the bathroom.  I have the hooks.  I think I probably have the wood (I need to go through the stack of pallet wood to see if I have a combination of sizes that will add up to the size I want).  It needs to happen.  Now it's just a question of how long it'll take for me to actually take action.
  20. New floor.  It's time.  It's past time.
  21. Stencil a welcome mat.  Because our storm door opens outward and is very close to the porch surface, we won't be able to actually use the welcome mat at our own house, but I really want to try the technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...