Monday, February 1, 2021

Menu plan for the week of February 1

I bought a mini waffle maker.  I bought it, partly because I'm a sucker for anything mini and cute, and partly because I wanted to bulk cook waffles to freeze for future consumption.  I've tried, a couple of times, to make and freeze waffles for my people to eat in the future, but they never really liked to eat them.  I thought it was kind of weird that they wouldn't eat the frozen waffles.  They love waffles.  And they eat Eggos, which are frozen waffles.  They love Eggos.  What's the difference?

I suspected that the shape was the difference.  My regular waffle maker makes round waffles that are about 8 inches in diameter, and scored into four wedges.  Wedges don't sit in a toaster neatly.  Eggos are round.  Circles sit in a toaster symmetrically.  I know.  Why would that make a difference?  Yeah.  I don't know.  But tell that to my kiddos.

So I took the risk, and I bought the mini waffle maker.  And it worked--the people liked, and ate, the frozen waffles.  Now, about once a week, I make a batch of waffles in the mini waffle maker, flash freeze, and the people eat them throughout the week.  It's cheaper than Eggos, the people like them, and my waffles have fewer ingredients than Eggos.  Win-win-win.

I also make other foods for the people to eat, and mostly they do.  Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:
  • Chicken enchilada soup, tortilla chips
  • Tacos
  • Spaghetti, oven roasted green beans, garlic toast
  • Fend for yourself
  • Pizza
  • Hot dogs or brats, buns, chips, carrots
  • Baked bone-in chicken breast, mixed veggies, oven roasted potatoes

Other:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...