Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Thoughts on today, May 5th

 It's Cinco de Mayo today.  And we're having Italian beef sandwiches for supper.  Whose poor planning is at fault for this travesty?  I mean, come onEveryone knows we're supposed to eat Mexican food, or at least a poor American imitation of Mexican food, on Cinco de Mayo.  We don't even have guacamole here, friends.

I just don't know if I'm going to be able to go on today, y'all.  Might as well go back to bed and try again tomorrow.

Also, I missed out on an opportunity--the opportunity to have a no-brainer dinner this week.  Instead, I expended precious mental energy planning a not-no-brainer meal for today.  Can I get a do-over?  Please?

Anyway ... AKD is home from school for the summer.  That means we currently have four licensed drivers and three working motor vehicles at our house.  So that's ... if I'm doing the math correctly ... one more driver than vehicle, or, in other words, one fewer vehicle than driver.

We (mostly me? I'm not sure if any of the other drivers thought about it at all) thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal, since one of the drivers works mostly at home, and one of the other drivers strives to stay home as much as possible, but we're already, after just three days, having an issue. Today.

Oh, bother.

Yeah.  We'll figure it out; it's a little inconvenient at the moment, but it's not insurmountable.  

For today, we (the driver who has an appointment and the other driver who has an appointment in the other direction at around the same time) told the driver who was planning on going in to work that he had to work from home today, which he prefers anyway, so all is well.

Oh look.  A baby cabbage.

In other news, I've got baby radishes and cabbages emerging, and maybe baby beets, too?  The sweet melons and watermelons have not yet emerged, and I haven't planted anything else yet because we're not yet past our average last frost date.  But it is good to have a start in the garden...even if the start isn't actually in the garden.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...