Monday, December 5, 2022

Menu plan for the week of December 5

 It's Christmas cookie season, so I asked my kiddos what kind of Christmas treats* they would like to have.  

The first kid I asked said sugar cookies.

The second kid I asked said sugar cookies.  And then when I told him that his brother had already chosen sugar cookies, he said snickerdoodles.

The third kid I asked said sugar cookies, and then snickerdoodles, and then agreed with my suggestion of white chocolate peppermint candy cane kiss cookies.

At least we know that everyone will be happy with the cookie choices.

I was planning to make at least 4 dozen of each cookie** each weekend beginning this past weekend, leaving one dozen out for the people to eat, and freezing three dozen for future use.  I started with the white chocolate peppermint candy cane kiss cookies on Saturday.  And the dozen cookies kept out to eat were gone by noon on Sunday (they're delicious.  You should try them).  Well, alrighty then.  I made the snickerdoodles on Sunday, and there are still some left Monday morning, plus there's no one here who's going to eat them at least until 4:30 pm, so that feels like an improvement.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

Other:


* because it's ok to have treats at this time of year that are not cookies.

** or treat!  But in this case, they all turned out to be cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...