Friday, May 1, 2009

Warning: Cute Kid Story Ahead

All right, so my perception of "cute" may be a little warped by almost 10 years of stay-at-home-mommy-hood, but this is definitely a "kid story."

So this morning, Bubby decided to get out of his bath quite abruptly, so abruptly that I wondered if perhaps he felt a certain tingle that made him uncomfortable, so I asked him if he wanted to use the potty. "No," he told me, while shaking his head. "No" is Bubby's automatic response to any question these days, but generally, when he combines it with head shaking, he really does mean no. So I told Bubby to go get a diaper, and he ran off, returning in a few seconds with the diaper, which he threw on the floor. Then Bubby ran off again before I had a chance to actually put the diaper on him.

I was cleaning up the bathtub area (I told you he got out abruptly...), when, two minutes later, Logo came in and informed me that "Caleb peed on the floor." Bubby followed Logo into the bathroom, snatched his diaper off the floor, and ran out with it (Bubby runs a lot these days). I went into the kitchen and yes, there was a yellow puddle on the floor (at least he did it on vinyl rather than on the carpet, right?). I grabbed a washcloth to start cleaning it up, and before I could get back to the puddle (here's the cute part), Bubby had started trying to wipe up the puddle with his unused diaper! I told him it was a little late for the diaper, but it's nice that he's willing to clean up his messes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...