Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23

What a night.  It started around...well, I'm not sure when 'cause my brain doesn't work too well between 1 and 2 in the morning.  Our power started flickering in and out, which woke Bubby up and sent him to our bedroom.  Because in Bubby's world, flickering power is cause for alarm.  I sent him to the bathroom, at which time the electricity failed.  While he was peeing.  Oh, the poor kid--probably traumatized for life.
 
Well, actually I suppose you could say it started long before that, with the rain changing over to snow and dumping about 6 more inches overnight.  Sure is pretty...

I think the power going out must have woken MC as well, because within a few minutes he showed up too.  We ended up having an impromptu slumber party because everyone was too scared to sleep on their own.  And slumber parties?  With those two?  Let's just say not a whole lot of slumbering actually occurs.  I'm already fighting the cranky due to lack of sleep.
As you can probably tell from the fact that I successfully posted this blog entry, the power has been restored.  Super fast customer service over there ;)

In related news, Beaver-ly sent me some cozy socks to keep my toesies warm.  Perfect timing.  Thanks Beaver-ly.

Also in related news, my husband and oldest son are crazy.  They have informed me of their plans to go kayaking this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Snow on the ground makes for a wonderful seal entry for the kayak from 20' above the river. It is just like sledding. Besides it is sunny and 41F. That is great kayaking weather with a dry suit hat and neoprene toaster mitt gloves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...