Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I think my family's very favorite thing to eat for breakfast is cinnamon rolls.  Which is kind of a bummer, because cinnamon rolls, done right, take a long time to make.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, my boys actually prefer the cardboard-esque cinnamon-rolls-in-a-tube.  I kind of feel like a failure because of my kids' obvious lack of discernment when it comes to breakfast sweets.

I tell you this so you will know why I'm always on the lookout for things that taste like cinnamon rolls, but don't take as long to make as cinnamon rolls.

I don't even remember how I came across this recipe, but I knew immediately that I was going to have to try it.

Sour Cream Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Maple Coffee Glaze
{Source}
 
And so I did.  And we loved them.
 
You know how, with some recipes, you're kind of afraid to try them because they look complicated?  Yeah, that.  Don't let these intimidate you, my friends.  They are super easy, and so very worth it.
 
And just in case you're considering just making your favorite pancake batter recipe and swirling the cinnamon in, don't.  These sour cream pancakes are fluffy and delicious--the perfect compliment to the cinnamon filling.
 
 
To make these, you will need:
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
  • 4 tablespoons of melted butter
  • 1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Pancakes
  • 1 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 4 tablespoons of melted butter
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
For instructions, visit Melissa over at No.2 Pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...