Wednesday, November 6, 2013

So many things to tell you...

...so little time.

Crazy, how time trickles away, isn't it?  November already.  Yowza.

I have so many things I want to share with you, but somehow other responsibilities keep filling my days and smooshing blogging over into a neglected corner of my brain.  You know, where even the spiders are afraid to go because of what might be lurking over there.  At this point, so much has happened since the last time we spent time together that I don't think I'll ever catch up.

But!  A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step.  Or a series of 100 blog posts begins with just one word, so...

I'll start with this:

Bubby was out before the school bus this morning, shoveling our first measurable snowfall of the season.  And yes, that is our old faithful shovel, still with us two years later, at the beginning of a new snowy season.
 
 
When we came out here to look for a house, we left our then-kindergartner, AKD, and his younger brother home with a family friend.  We asked him what we should look for in a house, and AKD's one requirement was a sledding hill.  We moved in to our present home in February, and that first winter AKD, MC, and I sledded on our property every day after school.
 
Today, our current kindergartner wanted to sled in the freshly fallen snow.  Knowing the snow would most likely be melted by the time he returned from school, I got the boy a sled (at great personal peril) and he joyfully abandoned the shoveling to slide down the hill in front of our house several times before the bus arrived to whisk him off to school.
 
What joy, what peace there is in this white blanket covering the earth.  It makes everything new.
 
Bask in the newness today, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...