Friday, November 8, 2013

Disarray


You may have noticed from the above picture that our bedroom is in a bit of disarray, with furniture pulled away from the walls like so many islands in a carpeted sea. 

This is one of the things that I wanted to tell you, but haven't gotten around to until now.  See, we've lived in this house for almost 8 years now.  And up until a few weeks ago, we had a huge mirrored headboard in our bedroom.  It drove me nuts because 1. we couldn't have it up against the wall because of the location of the heating vents and 2. it partially obscured both of the windows on that wall.

So now you know why I've been so ca-raazy the past 7 years.

OK, maybe we can't blame that on the headboard.

Anyway, it really bothered me, and now that I have all this time on my hands when the kids are in school, (hey look, I managed to say that without giggling uncontrollably or being struck by lightening) I decided to do something about it.

We sold the headboard, and I'm making a new one.  But first, we decided to paint.

So our bedroom is in disarray.  Paint goes on the walls starting today.  Yay.

But here's the other thing.  Our drier decided to go on strike.

Ask me how I know.

That's right.  I found out that our drier had demands after I stuck a full load of clean, but wet, laundry in it.  Bummers.

However, there is an upside to this situation.  I've started a new decorating trend.  I really think it's going to catch on.  This is going to be the hot, must have accessory for winter.  I give you...



The underwear valance.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...