Monday, June 2, 2014

Menu Plan for the week of June 2 (and half of June 9)

Busy, busy.  Always busy.  This will be my last menu post for a while.  Well, for 2 weeks, at least.  I may post some menu plans over the summer, but don't count on it or anything.  I suspect I shall have ... more interesting things to do.

We're in our final 2 weeks of school over here, and while it was crazy with the school stuff before, it's about it get even crazier.  And the 5th grade teacher still hasn't given us the June dates.  Away we go!

This round of Friendship Bread making will also be my last for a while.  The starter has matured nicely.  It's still very energetic and lively and tastes delicious.  This has been really fun, nurturing my own starter and keeping it going for a few weeks, but it's getting hotter (I'm not wanting to bake as much anymore), and our consumption has slowed (4 loaves and some waffles in the freezer currently), so I'll be baking one more time, then freezing a starter for when I the family gets another hankering for Friendship Bread.

I also wanted to mention that the grilled pizza was a big hit!  It tasted absolutely delicious, and it didn't heat up the house.  The dough was very easy to work with, too (I added 1 T vital wheat gluten to a half recipe).  Win!  .

On the Menu:
--Pizza Casserole (from the freezer--someday I'll share the recipe with y'all), green beans
--Grilled Chicken Ranch Wraps (grilled chicken from the freezer), carrots, chips
--Spaghetti, broccoli/cauliflower/peaches
--Creamed Dry Beef on Toast (mmmm...memories...), cooked carrots, mandarin oranges
--Chicken Skewers, salad, fruit
--Beef K-bobs with veggies, carrots, fruit
--Waffles

--Chicken pot pie (from the freezer), salad, applesauce
--Crunchy black bean tacos, green beans
--5th grade picnic, Caramel Apple Salad
--Nachos, Birthday treat

Snacks/Other
--Hummus
--Taco Bean Soup
--Crunchy Granola Bars
--Pasta Salad
--Friendship Bread: Lemon-Chia & Carrot Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...