There is still time, my friends. Make a box. Or two. Or ten. Or a hundred. OK, there might not be enough time to make 100. But you can definitely do one or two. Click here for my tips on packing a box. Click here for OCC shoebox guidelines. Click here to find a collection site near you.
As for me, like I said last year, this year I packed just 2 boxes, and then bought a bunch of filler items to take with me to the processing center.
|Sorry I didn't get a better picture of the boxes and/or everything laid out. I just didn't have the heart to unpack everything to show you, because believe me, these boxes are packed! Not sure if I could get it all back in again.|
What's in the boxes, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. In both boxes, I have:
- a bar of soap
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- flashlight with lots of extra batteries
- reusable cloth bag
- glow sticks
- a picture of my family with a note and our address
In my boy age 10-14 box I have:
- a small hammer
- screwdriver set
- tape measure
- safety glasses
- fleece gloves
- a shirt
- a survival kit that consists of fishing gear, fire building supplies, and cording
And in my girl age 10-14 box I have:
- 8 yards of fabric in 3 different prints
- a sewing kit consisting of needles, thread, scissors, etc.
- extra thread
- small mirror
- brush and hair binders
Your turn: did you pack boxes this year? What's in your box?