Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Homemade Guacamole

Yesterday I ate guacamole in honor of my favorite brother in law's Cinco de Mayo birthday.  I don't know if he even likes guacamole, but I will take any excuse to ingest that yummy creamy green goodness.  Mmmm.  I think I just drooled on my keyboard, thinking about it.

I had a guacamole/egg/cheese burrito for breakfast.
I had a big bowl of guacamole with a spoonful of leftover taco casserole for lunch.
I had carrots dipped in guacamole for an afternoon snack.
I even had a big spoonful of guacamole with my French toast.  That was kind of strange, I have to admit.

Anyway, the possibilities are endless.  You can use it as a dip or sandwich spread, put it on burgers, nachos or pizza, in burritos, enchiladas, tostadas, tacos ... at any time of the day.

So good.  Easy to make.  And so good for you!  Just go make some.  It's just as good for Seis de Mayo...


Guacamole
Not my guacamole.  Because, you know, it's gone.
{Source}
Easy Guacamole
  • 2 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed**
  • 1 ripe plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped*
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 c)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1-2 T lime juice (or juice from one lime)
  • finely chopped jalapenos to taste (I use jarred, but fresh works too)
  • salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl.  Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.

* To seed the tomato, cut it in half the fat way, then use a finger to scoop out seeds from each half.
** Not sure how to pit and peel an avocado?  Click here.
*** Off topic, but not sure how to cut a pineapple?  Click here.

Happy guacamole making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...