Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Record Breaking

*****
We interrupt today's regularly scheduled blog post to bring you this breaking news:

A plague has fallen upon the Bluefield household, with children succumbing left and right.  It looks like a battlefield in here.  I can only pray that I stand unafflicted until reinforcements can arrive.

Y'all!  Bubby was vomiting every 10 minutes through the night last night, from about 12:30 a.m. on.  I can say with confidence that this was the first time ever in my life that I have actually cried out to God for mercy.  And I've given birth 3 times, my friends.   Could be the influence of this book (which, by the way, is perfect Advent reading) that I am currently rereading.

And God is merciful.  Let me tell you how he cares for his children.  I honestly didn't know how I was going to be able to leave Bubby to walk AKD to the bus stop this morning, and it is dark out there at 6:23 a.m. (no streetlights, remember)--despite his almost-teen-ness I did not want him to go alone.  Miraculously, Bubby threw up right at 6:16 a.m., so I knew I had least 10 minutes to get AKD to the bus and back to the house.  I hated leaving Bubby, but I knew he'd be fine until I returned.  And he was.  And then he threw up at 6:30.

That was God in the timing, my friends.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled blog post.
*****

As a result of the extra dirty laundry due to MC's illness on Monday (he doesn't have that great of aim--just better than the last time), I broke my all-time record of most loads of laundry washed and dried in a day. 

Here's how MC spent most of Monday. 
Poor guy was feeling so bad he didn't even want to play his iPod.
Broke it?  More like blew it out of the water. 

My previous record was 9 loads.  Monday?  I did 13. 

That's a lot of laundry.  And an accomplishment of note.  Have I mentioned I'm thankful for our washer and dryer?  And that our well is extra deep?

Now folding it and putting it away?  That's another story entirely...

Less than half of the laundry I washed yesterday.  Well, at least it's clean, right?
Your turn: what's your all time record for most loads of laundry washed and dried in a day? 

*****
UPDATE: ohmygosh, y'all!  God did it again.  Bubby threw up right before I needed to head out to the bus stop with MC.  Who would have ever dreamed that I would see vomit, or at least the timing of it, as a blessing!

Now, off to start the 2 or 3 loads of vomit-laden laundry for today.  This is the third day in a row that I'm washing my sheets, blankets, and mattress pad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...