This year I made and canned 2 5/8 gallons of stock. I think that's about a 2 year supply, considering how my family claims to feel about soup.
I'll be using the first quart of this batch on Monday for chicken noodle soup, because one of my soup-hating children recently declared that he likes chicken noodle soup. If that's true (and I have my doubts), that means that at least 4/5 of the family will eat the soup. Which is a passing grade. Which means we might have a less than 2 year supply of turkey stock. I'll keep you posted.
What's on your menu this week?
|Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup|
Courtesy of YummyMummyClub
- Chicken noodle soup, Texas roadhouse rolls
- Meat sauce with spaghetti or spaghetti squash, green beans, salad
- Tacos, tortillas, taco toppings
- Kielbasa & potatoes, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, applesauce
- Pizza, salad
- Hamburgers, buns, cooked carrots, chips
- Grilled chicken, grilled garlic toast, grilled green veggie