I have a turkey carcass in my freezer, as one does. I saved it to make turkey stock, because I used the last of our turkey stock about a month ago. But I'm not feeling the turkey stock making vibe these days. To be honest, I'm not feeling any kind of vibe these days, including, as you could probably tell from the lack thereof, menu planning vibes. November and December are hard for me.
So, the turkey carcass sits in the freezer, and I feel guilty about the general lack of interest in doing anything. Which, in turn, leads to even less interest in anything at all. Bah.
But...as you may have noticed, I am doing something now, that is, sharing my menu plan. So I guess that's something. I've been through this particular ebb enough times to know that the flow will begin again soon(ish).
Still no vibes, though.
- Beef stroganoff, corn, applesauce
- Spaghetti, garlic toast, some kind of vegetable
- Mexican cauli-rice, broccoli
- Pizza, salad
- Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes
- Hot dogs or brats, buns, chips, carrots
- Sugar cookies--I'm thinking about decorating these using royal icing, which I am sane enough to realize is delusional. But not sane enough to realize that it's ok to not decorate these (as yet nonexistent) cookies.
- Snickerdoodles--Still not a Christmas cookie, in my opinion. This here cookie is an anytime cookie.
- Oreo truffles
- Marshmallow star cookies--Hubby thought these had pretzels in them. He had me almost convinced, too. But they do not. Which makes me feel defeated. Which is not rational.
- Oreo snowmen & Nutter butter reindeer--these are season-neutral enough that I feel good about the very real possibility that these will be pushed into January. Well, not good. Certainly not good. But ok. Ok-ish. Ok-ish should totally be a word.