Let's just ignore the fact that I've only published one post in the past (almost) three months and pick up where we left off, shall we? M'kay?
For as long as I can remember, I have written my grocery list in the order in which I will encounter the items in the store. I don't know if this habit is something I picked up from my mom, or if I came upon it in some other way, but I do feel like it saves some time while I'm shopping.
Generally, putting a list in store order means produce first, followed by dry goods and bread, then meat, dairy, frozen. At my regular grocery store, though, which is Aldi, it's dry goods, dairy, more dry goods, even more dry goods, produce, meat, bread, frozen, and yet more dry goods.
The problem is, I will occasionally go to an Aldi that is not my regular Aldi. And even though it's the same brand, it will be laid out differently. It throws me off, and I miss things. Tomorrow will be one of those days, when I'll be going to not-my-regular store. Wish me luck!
Regardless of the store layout, the people around here still want to eat, like, every day, and so here's what I plan to feed them.
- Fend for yourself (we're not starting out very strong, are we?)
- Bowtie pasta (except it's going to be rotini because I want to use it up) with Italian sausage in cream sauce, broccoli
- Chicken fajita pasta (using up the egg noodles in this one), carrots
- Slowcooker Italian beef with rolls and shredded mozzarella, mixed veggies
- Hamburgers with or without buns, jello, chips, grilled or roasted veggie (whatever looks good when I go to the grocery store)
- Cilantro lime chicken with avocado salsa, grilled or roasted veggie (maybe the same as the day before, maybe different. Time will tell)