Here's the monthly 18 for 2018 update:
- With materials scrounged from my friends A and R, and Hubby's scrap wood pile, and with the help of AKD, I made the oyster shell and grit dispensers (1).
- If you've been paying attention to my weekly menu posts, you know that I canned jalapenos (3) a couple of weeks ago. We were out of pickled jalapenos, so I decided to restock by canning. They were definitely not jalapenos that I had grown, but that doesn't mean I can't can home-grown jalapenos in the future.
- Everyone in the household (except Hubby) took the love languages quiz (4) during spring break.
- I've continued purging paper (8), and have completed the top drawer of our four drawer filing cabinet. That means I'm right on track, yes? Four drawers in 12 months means one drawer every three months. I've also been working on my household binder/legacy box (9). It's mostly mental work, but it's work.
What's next? In April, I will start on the valances for the master bedroom (15). That material has lived in my closet for long enough! I will also continue to work on the paper in the file cabinet (8), and send friend mail (6) twice more (if you would like to receive friend mail from me, use the contact link above to send me your address). I will probably continue to agonize over which community education class I should take (14), and I may or may not go on another date with one of my boys (5).
18 for 2018
Make oyster shell and grit dispensers for the chickens
- ** Plant a garden--with tomatoes and jalapenos
Can jalapenos--they don't necessarily have to be the ones I grow Have everyone in the household take the love languages quiz--we could do this on Valentine's Day, but since it's also Ash Wednesday this year, I don't think that's gonna happen...
- Go on a date with each of my boys (
AKD, MC, Bubby)
- ** Send friend mail
8 64 times (if you'd like to receive friend mail from me, use the contact link above to give me your address) Obtain and begin using ato-do notebook--this has already been so useful! I have a running to-do list now, instead of having to start fresh every day. It's a lot more difficult to misplace than a random piece of paper.
- ** Purge file cabinet and create paper organization system--Ugh! We have so.much.paper. Half of me wants to get rid of it all. The other half is afraid I'll shred something we'll need later.
- ** Create a household binder/legacy box--I think my boys would be lost if something happened to me.
Delete saved electronic mystery shop screen shots and receipts--yep, I've got every screen shot and almost every receipt from every mystery shop I've done in the past four years. It's a lot.
Buy desk task light--I've already tried once this year, but I didn't like it, so I need to try again. Buy phone charging cords for each of our vehicles--I told Hubby I was going to do this, and he was like, but we have charging cords in all the vehicles, don't we? Well, yes, we do...for his phone, but not for AKD's and mine.
- Make a chicken sign--It's going to have the silhouette of a chicken, and say something along the lines of, "Danger: Dinosaur Area."
- Take a class through community education or a local craft store--I used to do this fairly often, but somewhere along the line, I stopped.
- ** Finish valances for master bedroom. I've only had the material for...3 years? 4? A long time.
- Crochet messy bun hat or Arm knit scarf
- ** Get the boys' picture taken--the place I used to take them to closed, so I need to find a new photographer.
- Send Christmas cards in 2018