Monday, February 18, 2019

Menu plan for the week of February 18

My main grocery store just switched its ad cycle.  Their ads used to run Sunday to Saturday.  Now the ads run Wednesday to Tuesday.  Adapting has been difficult for me.  Well, to be fair, it's only been a couple of weeks, but still, I'm struggling a little bit. 

It seems difficult because I would like to have Wednesday be my grocery and errand day.  I've been trying to transition for months now.  But my grocery day still remains Tuesday, or even *gasp* Monday most weeks, mostly because we run out of milk.  You're right.  I should buy more milk. I don't buy more milk because I like to be able to carry all of my groceries out to the car in one trip, so I don't have to bring the cart back.

Anyway, when I'm making my list, I'm hoping for Wednesday shopping, but I have to plan for Monday or Tuesday.  Which means writing down the things that I will purchase if I go Wednesday and the things I will purchase if I go Monday or Tuesday.  I shop the sales, see, and there are some things that I only buy when they're on sale, some things I buy because they're on sale.  And those things are different if I go Wednesday versus Tuesday.

I think what I need to do is just give up on Wednesday as my grocery day.  That way I just have to worry about one sales flyer per week.  It's just...I want it to be Wednesday.

My other main grocery store, the one I go to to get the things my main main grocery store doesn't carry, continues to run its sale cycle Sunday to Saturday.  But they like to complicate things by sometimes having fantastic sales that run Thursday through Saturday.  You may have noticed that none of those days is Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Monday.  This week is one of those weeks.  *Sigh*

So I'm grocery shopping on Monday (and buying at least 3 gallons of milk), then hoping to get out again Thursday or Friday for the fantastic deals.  We'll see how that goes...

In the meantime, here's what's on this week's menu.

Supper:

  • Rice burgler, bread & butter, applesauce
  • Tacos
  • Pizza, salad
  • Moroccan chicken, couscous (or quinoa), vegetable medley
  • Brats or hot dogs, buns, oven fries, carrots, jello
  • Grilled pork chops, garlic toast, grilled green veggie
  • Oven fried (? anyone have a good recipe?) chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes & (possibly, if I feel like making it) gravy, green beans


Other:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...