Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Busy-ness

It snuck up on me: this perfect storm of busy-ness and chaos that is twirling and swirling around me, tearing at the edges of my sanity.

My mantra when it comes to laundry? "At least it's clean."
I call it Mount. Bluefield, and I'm diligently waiting for it to put itself away.

Somehow, I don't think this is what Jesus meant when he said if we just have faith we can tell mountains to move and they will. 
Then again, maybe it is.

Nah, it's not that bad.  It's just...that time of year.  The end of the school year "stuff" is ramping up, spring sports have started, and I still have all of my other household and family responsibilities.  It all leaves me exhausted, wondering, at the end of the day, what just happened.


You see, it's a delicate balance we've developed over here, and if we add one thing, maybe even two, we're OK.  But when you start adding eleventy-million field trips (why did they have to wait until now?), plus 6 sports practices/games a week (and that's only 2 children--what was I thinking, having 3?), a travelling husband, and all of the "fun" end of year school stuff, like kite day and the talent show and lumberjack breakfast and picnics and who knows what else they're going to throw at us...it's all we can do to keep moving forward.

And sometimes?  In this storm we call life, with the wind whipping and the rain pouring?  Progress is measured not by forward movement, but simply by not falling down.

Are you with me, friends?  One day at a time, one foot in front of the other.  Leaning into the storm.  Standing.


And...not completely unrelated...here's how my s'more cupcakes turned out.  Sounds like everybody loved 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...