Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Perfect (punny) gift for a male teacher

Have you noticed that a lot of the teacher gift ideas out there on the inter-webs are kind of...girly?  Go ahead, do a google search right now for "teacher gift" and see what pops up. 

I can think of a dozen fun things to give to a female teacher right off the top of my head, but for my son's male teacher?  I got nothin'.  Especially since I don't like to give food gifts.  Call me sexist, but for some reason, I can't see Mr. O enjoying a gift of homemade fizzy bath salts...maybe his wife would...

Anyway, we had MC's conference the other day, and Mr. O revealed that he loves Transformers.  He's about our age, and I remember all the boys being way into Transformers when I was a kid, so it makes sense.  That got my brain's wheels turning and here's what I came up with.


I got this fun Transformers Kre-O set (which is kind of like Lego) for free using a coupon last year around Christmas time.  It's Optimus Prime (who is the leader of the good-guy transformers, just in case you didn't know), and while the figure doesn't transform per se, you can build either a robot or a truck with it. 

You can see where this is going, right?  Oh yes, it's a pun.


It says,
"Thank you
for inspiring MC to
TRANSFORM
his mind!"

For this particular transformer, Optimus Prime, I'm tempted to add something like, "...TRANSFORM his mind for OPTIMUS learning."  I'll have to ponder that one for a bit.  I bet, if you looked hard enough, you could even find a Transformer font to use (I used Elmore)...

If you can't find a Transformer Kre-O set, no worries--anything from the Transformer genre will work--all the better if it's a puzzle or game the teacher can use in his classroom.  Even stickers or a rubber stamp would work. 

Happy teacher gifting, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...