Friday, May 17, 2013

S'mores on a stick



Tomorrow, I'm responsible for bringing a dessert to MC's year end Cub Scout campout.  This is the celebration of all of the boys' accomplishments this past year, plus their advancement ceremony.  And an excellent opportunity to get filthy, at which the boys all excel at taking of advantage.

I originally thought it would be fun to bring a s'more cake.  You know, a cake that looks like a giant s'more?  But then I realized that individual servings would be more practical than a cake that someone has to cut and serve, so I started looking around for s'more cupcakes on Pinterest (where else?).

I decided on these:
Chocolate Marshmallow S’more Cupcakes
Chocolate Marshmallow S'more Cupcakes
from Duncan Hines

Don't they look yummy?  Well, if you're a person who likes marshmallow, I mean.

But as I was looking, I came across several recipes for s'more cake pops, and, being informed that Hubby was afraid there would not be enough dessert for the campout, I decided to make them, too.  Only easier.  My friends, I give you: s'mores on a stick.

You will need
wooden skewers, marshmallows, chocolate for dipping, and crushed graham crackers.

Place 3 marshmallows on a skewer,

dip in chocolate to cover, tapping off excess,

roll in graham cracker crumbs until coated (unrecognized file format strikes again...so no pics, but trust me--it's easy).  Lay on wax paper for chocolate to harden.  That's it.


YUM!  I mean, if you're a person who likes marshmallows.

My 10 oz bag of marshmallows yielded 12 s'more pops.  But then because I had extra chocolate and graham cracker crumbs and an open bag of marshmallows in the cupboard, I made some doubles and singles.  'Cause, you know, why not?

 
And then I did this.  Because, you know, presentation is everything.
 
 
Also?  I am insane.
 
Happy S'more-on-a-stick-making (and eating)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...