Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer-at-a-Glance {link to free printable calendar}

Is school out for you yet?  Seems like most of the world is ending school in the next couple of days.  We still have a week and a half left, but I've been planning for weeks.  You see, I've discovered that, although it is exhausting, the busier we are, the less I yell.  And the less I yell, the happier we all are.

So I like to plan for all of that busy-ness.  One issue I had with summer planning in the past is I didn't have a way to look at the whole summer at a glance.  It is such a pain to have to keep flipping those calendar pages over to see what we have going on and it's impossible to get good feel for the entire summer that way. 

To deal with that problem, I found this customizable printable calendar online--it says it's a 12 week calendar, but you can totally tell it to print fewer or more weeks.  I input our school end date, told it I wanted 13 weeks so the calendar would include our school start date, printed it out, and started filling in swim lessons, camping trips, vacations, appointments, and day camps.

Here's what I've got so far.

I love how the months are delineated by shading, so I can tell right away which month we're in
 
A lot of full days (especially at the beginning of the summer--good gracious).  But a lot of blank days left to be filled as well.  Stay tuned for how we plan to go about filling in those days...

Happy summer planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...