Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Birthday Treats

Well, it's my birthday today. Yay me.


Here's my birthday treat, ready to go into the freezer.  It's called S'mores Ice Cream Cake.  Click here for the recipe.  All I can say about this recipe is, if you have a stand mixer, use it.  If ever there was a worthwhile time to haul that heavy old thing out of wherever you have it stowed, this is it.  The chocolate layer took for-ev-er.  I think it'll be worth it, though, if the little tastes I snuck here and there are any indication :)

Here's my other birthday treat.  You know, the one I didn't have to make myself, because my fabulous friend J took pity on me.  And good thing, too.  That chocolate layer took so long to whip, we won't be able to eat the S'mores cake today because it won't have been in the freezer long enough.

This is a
Double Chocolate Godiva Liqueur Cupcake
with Baileys Flavored Whip Frosting

And yes, it tastes as good as it sounds, which is to say, heavenly.  Thank you, J!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...